October 2, 2008

Spring

Since in a month I am going to the southern hemisphere and working my way towards summer I am living in spring now. While shops here are offering dark-colored winter coats and fur-lined leather boots I am looking for the opposite: light jackets and flowery summer dresses. Normally I would be knitting now and preparing myself for the snow and icy streets (well nowadays, the snow maybe comes in February if even that and then I might be back already, who knows). That's how it has always been for me. After summer, it is only natural for me to start wanting to put on a big scarf and thick panty hose. And it doesn't mean I like autumn really, not to mention winter. It's just the rhythm I have gotten so used to. Even after this year's lousy summer, weather-wise. In August I felt I hadn't had the proper amount of sun and warmth I require every summer just to put up with the long and dark winter. But later I have felt okay. I don't know if it's because I'm aware that soon I'm gonna be watching the lights of Valparaíso hills after sunset and only wear shorts and a t or because September and the falling leaves just brings the sense of autumn whether you really want it or not.

The coming summer is gonna be fantastic. Little inspiration from the skullset:




1 comment:

Koko Hubara said...

These pictures make me so, so happy for you.

Not to make you feel bad or anything, but is there pollen in Chile in springtime? Just askin'!

About Me