February 26, 2009
FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE
1. a hostel receptionist here in Valpo, Chile
2. a nurse in a care home for people with Alzheimer's disease in Helsinki
3. a sales person etc. in Pikkolo grocery and take away store in Helsinki
4. an assistant in a translation office in Belgium
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER
1. Jalla Jalla
2. Lost in Translation
3. Lords of Dogtown
4. Tonari no Totoro
FOUR CITIES YOU'VE LIVED IN:
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH
1. The Office
4. Gilmore Girls
FOUR PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ON VACATION:
1. Pedreguer, Spain
2. La Paz, Bolivia
3. London, UK
4. St. Petersburg, Russia
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY:
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS:
FOUR SCHOOLS YOU'VE ATTENDED
1. Hiskinmäen yläaste, Äänekoski
2. Tiirismaan lukio, Lahti
3. Helsinki Polytecnic
4. Ala-keiteleen musiikkiopisto, Äänekoski
FOUR THINGS IN YOUR ROOM:
1. two windows with nice views
2. my friend's mom's sewing machine
3. Aino's and Ella's drawings on the wall
4. an old saw
FOUR THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. a striped t-shirt as usual (with white and beige stripes today)
2. black jeans with a hole on the left knee
3. salmon pink scarf
4. a grey cardigan (it's cold today)
FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1. Jyväskylä playing with Aino & Ella and eating Kaisa's home made muffins
2. Sumoto, Japan eating satsumaemo and getting a shoulder massage from my pops
3. New York eating cinnamon rolls and watching people
4. Helsinki going to the Fida fleamarket in Kurvi with Koko
I went to the library here in Valparaíso yesterday to kill time before going to the cinema. I found a book called AMRIK - PRESENCIA ÁRABE EN AMÉRICA DEL SUR. It's a very interesting book about the presence of Arabs and Arabic culture in South America. Especially in Brazil there is a relatively big community of mostly syrian-lebanese Arabs. Here in Chile the Arabic population is mainly originated in the Palestine. Eventhough there are a couple of Arabic restaurants here I can't say I've noticed really any Arabic presence here. But interestingly I secretly learn parts of the Arabic language while learning Spanish.
The Arabic language has had a big influence on the Spanish language. That's because the Arabs invaded and ruled the modern day Spain for hundreds of years back in the day. It's actually pretty amazing how much Spanish words derive from Arabic. You can find a list of them here.
The picture above is from the book Amarik. It's a picture of two young Arab-Latinos: a beautiful mixture of sweet Arabic mint tea and salty beef from the Pampa.
Man, the world is such a big ass mystery to me. I can't get enough.
February 25, 2009
February 24, 2009
February 23, 2009
February 21, 2009
There seems to be a dialogue between regret and hope, this might sound cheesy but has playing these songs been therapeutic at all?
F: Oh God yeah. It doesn’t sound cheesy at all. Are you kidding me? I’m going to be very honest with you-regardless of whether we’ve done something good for people, we’ve done something good for us. I feel like a different person, be it through my friendship with him [Rodrigo] or my love for her, or my love for him, just making this music was almost like a trophy for the next step in my life.
R: That’s where we go with Vonnegut right? When he says that everyone should express themselves in some form, just for the sake of putting some part of yourself out and looking at it. That’s not cheesy. I can understand how people can perceive it as something cheesy, but it’s right.From an interview with Kyle Williams on www.americansongwriter.com.
The pictures I took from their myspace, they're photos from their tour in Europe in the beginning of this year with the band Dead Trees.
P.S. I love Koko, we think alike. Especially on a Saturday morning.
February 19, 2009
February 11, 2009
Typical of me. I see an interesting piece of art and don't write down who's it by. I saw this installation at "El Museo de Solidaridad Salvador Allende" in Santiago. I'm sorry I don't know who has made it nor do I know its name. And yes, you were allowed to photograph there and yes she looks like Angelina Jolie.
- FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE 1. a hostel rec...
- lucien marc smith
- My Oscar favorites
- Reminder of what's Cool
- Fab + Rodrigo + Binki again
- LITTLE JOY
- Kiki for Boy
- a visitor
- Today is a good hippie hair day.
- Bean there
- Little Joy is my own personal little joy.
- 3 for Valpo
- Hello there Sun!
- ▼ February (18)