December 15, 2008

Sunday was all about capoeira...







...and a bit of makulele!

Most of my friends here are capoeristas. Their group is called Capoeira Sul Da Bahia (de Valparaíso/Viña del Mar). I've ended up spending a lot of time around capoeira. I've even learned to play berimbau. Back in Finland I also have many friends that play capoeira, it's funny how capoeira has become quite a big part of my life even though I don't practice it myself.
Sul Da Bahia had their annual batizado and change of belts yesterday. In order to upgrade their belt they had to play against the mestre. My friends did well, I'm so proud of them.

2 comments:

ana fradique said...

why dont you start playing? you would be a success.

Rocadura said...

Well I doubt I could be a success, it takes years and years to master it. But who knows, maybe I will try it one day.

About Me